I did my first Linkedin Live session impromptu, 2 weeks ago – it was an AMA session and I answered questions on how to develop one’s communication skills.
The second one that you see here is on personal branding – by popular demand. I covered the basics of brand building and also answered a few questions that the live audience asked me.
What did I cover? Here is what you will find in the video:
PERSONAL BRANDING OVERVIEW
– A story from the dark ages when social media did not exist 🙂
– And then how times changed and just offline designations were not enough
– The world got more connected and we had to get online to build brands
– Examples of people who are brands in themselves – Richard Branson, Michelle Obama
– What makes these people brands and how do we know them even though we don’t know them personally
WHAT IS YOUR PERSONAL BRAND
– Who do you want to be known as or known for – the entrepreneur, the adventurer, an expert or a mix of many things?
– Where is your target audience? Target those social media platforms
– Your content should align with who you want to be and what your target audience wants
COMPONENTS OF A GREAT PERSONAL BRAND
– A professional headshot
– Authenticity about who you are
– Consistency in posting and engaging
– Story telling in your value proposition
– The spirit of giving, helping others first
SYNC YOUR OFFLINE BRAND
When you appear at networking events, you need to live up to the brand you created online. The video has tips on that.
BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS TO HELP YOU IN PERSONAL BRANDING
Towards the end, I have shared 2 books that help you understand how to talk about yourself to create an impression.
1. Brag! The Art of Tooting Your Own Horn Without Blowing It by Peggy Klaus.
You can also read this post I wrote on the book
2. Executive Presence by Sylvia Ann Hewlett
I wrote this post explaining the concepts in the book
I also answered questions like:
– Should we post content only from our fields
– Hashtags – how do we choose them and how many do we use?
– How can we build out personal brand within an organisation
– Is personal branding a must for everyone?
The next Linkedin Live is on 28th November on how to make presentations interesting. Connect with me on Linkedin and be there!